Tuesday, April 18, 2017

A Letter to the guy I thought I couldn’t Live without

Hi there,
I know we haven't talked in a while, and I am okay with that. For the last four years, I would have pictured myself here with you today, but that isn't how things worked out. You probably will never read this, as I know you don't read anything, much less something I wrote. This letter is more for myself than for you, but if you do ever come across this, there are a few things I would like to tell you.
I am happy. I know you thought you broke me and left me in a million pieces, but surprise, you didn't. I am happier than ever and surrounded by people who love and care for me, unlike you ever did. Being with you I constantly felt like I wasn't good enough, but I now see I was more than good enough. I have found people who never fail to make me smile and lift me up. People who don't lie to me and hurt me constantly. I can finally see what I deserve. Being with you I thought I was the happiest girl in the world, but I now see that was all a lie, as was our whole relationship. Without you, I have found happiness I never thought I would, and I don't think I would have had I stayed in our toxic relationship.
I am not bitter. Although our relationship tore me apart constantly, I am not bitter. I wanted to hate and honestly sometimes I still do, but I see now that makes no difference and will only bring me down. You are not worth it. Instead of filling my heart with hatred for you, I have learned to forgive and my heart is now filled with love for others who deserve it. I wish you the best in what life has to offer you, although I am more than happy that is not with me.
Thank you. Thank you for the few memories I enjoyed. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life. Thank you for introducing me to some amazing people. Lastly, thank you for showing me what I deserve, which is so much more than you gave me. You really opened my eyes.
While I thought I would never be able to live without you, I have. Through the constant heartbreak, endless nights of crying, and days I thought I would never get through, I was able to come out a stronger person. Since we broke up, I have been able to see things in a new perspective. I see things brighter than I ever did with you. I can finally smile and be happy with who I am. I am more confident, because I am not being constantly tore down anymore. I never thought I would in a million years say this, but thank you for ending things. I am a better person because of it, and I hope you are too.
I do not completely regret our relationship, because it did show me things I don't think I would have seen without the hell you put me through. I do regret spending all my time on you instead of the others who deserved my time and love. I have learned that when people show their true colors, you have to believe them. I am no longer than naive little girl you once knew me as. I now have a backbone, and I have grown wiser thanks to you. While you put me through absolute hell, there is one last thing I would like for you to know, I forgive you.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. It is so different than the normal blog posts and gives me a better idea on who you are and a more personal level. You are so strong! I agree with everything you said throughout this because I know exactly what you are feeling. I am so happy that you are happy and confident because you deserve that! This is so inspiring honestly, and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so well written! I love that you switched things up and went for a more personal approach. I completely agree with everything you said and I commend you for forgiving them and being confident in yourself. This is so empowering and inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete