Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Art of Social Media

Throughout the first three chapters of "The Art of Social Media" one concept that Guy Kawasaki hit on really took me by surprise. He stated "you aren't using social media right if you're not pissing someone off." I read this over thinking in my head is that really what he wrote; sure enough it is. In the world today I believe people are more worried about being people pleasers than pissing someone off. We continually bite our tongues trying not to step on anyone toes. However, this author has a different take on this situation.

Furthermore, in the book they touch on posting many times a day to gain the most views, likes and most important the amount of shares your post receive. I find myself taking to my friends about people who live on social media, that post a lot. Posting on social media sites a lot is not something I ever thought to be a positive thing. However, now I know when posting about the right things, things people relate to and impact them can be. Moreover, I became aware of the multiple  tools that can be used to schedule post during the day when at work, school or just too busy to check social media sites.  Going forward, I look forward to using these tips to optimize my accounts and display a more professional appearance through social media

No comments:

Post a Comment